St Andrew’s is one of the three churches in the new parish of “Kildwick, Cononley and Bradley”. A new parish, maybe – but St Andrew’s is an ancient church. Indeed, it is one of the only two churches mentioned in the 1087 Domesday Book and pre-dates the grander buildings of Holy Trinity in Skipton and St Mary in Bolton Abbey.
St Andrew’s church has recently been awarded “Major Church” status. As a major church, we are learning how to widen our connections with our community and our visitors. One of those developments is to open the church to visitors – and to provide a range of guides that will help and inform your visit.
We’ve got some of those in place now. There are guides around church for both adults and children. There’s information about war graves – and a leaflet about where people have just got it wrong! There’ll be more to come; read what we’ve got ready here.
Bellringing is a significant part of life at St Andrew’s. The ringers have their own dedicated site at kildwickringers.org.uk which is used for day to day information.